At Moreton & Company, we believe that what gets measured gets managed. We have an in-house team of experienced Risk Management professionals whose goal is to understand, assess, and measure your risk so that we can help you manage it in the best way possible.
Managing Complex Risk
Our risk management team works with clients to analyze and address large or complex risk transfer and management needs. This highly specialized team is an extension of your internal team, working closely with you to build and maintain your insurance program.
We do not take a “one-size-fits-all” approach to program development. Every business is different. Company culture, management style, risk appetite, operations, and internal policies can all impact risk profile and are unique to every business – even those within the same industry. While the underlying principles of Risk Management will serve as the foundation of any Risk Management Program, the program itself should be relevant to your needs and specific risks.
Tailoring solutions to your unique risk profile
Our team will help you understand the options available and assist you in choosing one that best fits your needs. We utilize the unique tools and relationships we have to find innovative and practical solutions for our clients.
Moreton & Company’s people and resources go beyond delivering the experience, expertise, and tools that a traditional in-house risk manager may have and use on their own. The risk management process can be broken into five basic steps:
- Identify risk, including property risks, liability risks, human resources risks, and risks of loss to income. Identification methods may include interviews based on industry-based checklists and surveys, physical inspections, financial analysis, loss history review, contract review, insurance policy analysis, review of your internal policies and procedures, work, and distribution flowcharts, etc.
- Analyze risk from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives. In other words, we are parsing the risks identified above and determining which pose the greatest threat to the organization and how to maximize the organization’s resources to deal with them.
- Control risk, from both a pre-loss standpoint (avoid, prevent, transfer risk) and a post-loss standpoint, including claims management, and disaster recovery.
- Finance risk, including recommendations on insuring risk, transferring risk to other parties through contract language, and determining appropriate levels for deductibles or retentions.
- Administer the risk control program by implementing the decisions made throughout the earlier steps of the process and through periodic reviews and monitoring.
Our team will assist you in all phases of the risk management process, with our dedicated risk control specialists who will be available to assist you as needed.
Risk Management Services:
- Project or Contract Specific Risk Management Programs
- Insurance Claims
- Cost Allocation
- Workers Compensation Experience Modification Reviews
- Alternative Risk Programs
- Safety & Loss Control Assistance
- Insurance Contract Review
- Benchmark Surveys
- Property Replacement Cost Allocation
- View all