Moreton & Company was founded in 1910 with two employees, and has grown to 250+ professionals working primarily in Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and remote locations throughout the country. We are seeking motivated, creative, and hardworking professionals to join the team at all levels of our organization.
Unlimited Career Potential
Your Next Move
At the Intermountain West’s largest independent insurance brokerage, you will have the freedom and encouragement to grow and develop your skills as a professional in the insurance industry. At Moreton & Company, you have a team cheering you on as you achieve success.
You’ll find a home-away-from-home experience with meaningful coworker connections, support for your goals and needs, and a feeling that you are making a difference as you serve clients and our local communities.
Moreton & Company Employees Get More
Robust Insurance Coverage
Medical, dental, vision, life, disability… being in the insurance industry gives you the perk of a competitive, full menu of insurance options.
Work / Life Balance
With 11 paid holidays, a generous PTO program, and a 37.5 hour work week, you can do your job and live a full life.
Profit Sharing Program
Grow your retirement account quickly with our unique profit-sharing retirement option. When we excel, you excel.
Work From Home
Many of our job roles are flexible and accommodate a hybrid remote work schedule and in-office work.
We have a culture of celebrating wins, both big and small. Monthly celebrations, recognition events, and more help us bond as a team.
Education & Growth
We sponsor continuing education events, offer tuition reimbursement, and believe in promoting from within.
Moreton & Company is committed to investing in our communities and offers service projects and volunteer options for employees to get involved.
Paid Time Off
In addition to PTO days and 11 paid holidays, paid time off is available for bereavement, weddings, and continuing education.
Employer Paid Trips
Hard work and dedication are rewarded at Moreton & Company – with tropical vacations! Everyone is eligible to qualify.
We do regular audits to ensure our employees are paid top-of-the-market salaries and wages.
Health Savings Account Contribution
Moreton & Company makes bi-monthly HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the medical plan.
Voluntary Benefit Options
Accident and Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Auto, and Home policies are available at group rates.
Hear From Our Amazing Team
”I’ve been working at Moreton for almost 8 years now in multiple capacities. The biggest thing that keeps me here is that Moreton’s leadership allows you to try new things. We are the largest independent brokerage in the state and so we are able to compete on all levels, as well as be nimble and creative to pivot and change when we want to. If you are a motivated, innovative thinker, this is the spot for you.Bradford DavisEmployee Benefits Consultant
”I’ve worked for Moreton for over two years now and can honestly say it’s one of the best work environments I’ve ever been a part of. Everyone is so supportive in helping each other succeed and dedicated to giving our clients the best possible experience we can. I love that Moreton has a big focus on work-life balance and they’re advocates of putting your family first. My schedule is flexible and management is kind, understanding, and appreciative – something that has made my time here thus far both fulfilling and enjoyable. I couldn’t recommend it more!Ariel PetersenEmployee Benefits Account Coordinator
”I had always known that Moreton & Company was known to be the premier insurance agency on many fronts, and after five years with them, I know why. One reason is that Moreton invests in their employees’ education and gives them avenues to succeed in their professional life. The work ethic at Moreton encourages hard, collaborative work, but they also provide fun times such as incentive travel, epic Halloween parties, and Christmas bingo! Moreton encourages and arranges community service in the region. Equally as important, they believe in having a work-life balance, whether it be working from home or encouraging the use of PTO. I hope to be with the Moreton team for many more years.Ali BaumgartnerAccount Executive, Personal Lines
Join Our Team
We are always seeking talented insurance professionals to join our team and encourage all interested candidates to apply, regardless of industry experience. Our team members bring skills, knowledge, and expertise from diverse backgrounds, which significantly contributes to the strength of our organization.
Property & Casualty Account Manager
Moreton & Company is seeking excellent Account Managers for our Salt Lake City, Utah and Boise, Idaho locations in our Commercial Property & Casualty department. You will be a trusted asset to our clients and team performing these essential duties:
- Develops and produces submissions for marketing on new and renewal accounts to carriers as determined by the Sales Executive, Sr. Account Executive and Account Executive.
- Reviews and secures quotations from carriers as determined by the needs of the client.
- Analyzes, compares, and negotiates favorable premiums from the underwriter(s).
- Responsible for preparing proposals for both new and renewal policies in accordance with coverages and limits as determined by the procedures manual.
- Requests the Issuance of new policies and renewal policies under the direction of the Sales Executive, Sr. Account Executive or Account Executive.
- Responsible to make certain that coverages or limits are correct and match the agency management system.
- Reviews policies’ forms for accuracy and coverage.
- Prepare, review and process various insurance documents including but not limited to invoices, surplus lines filings, applications, endorsements, binders, evidence of insurance, certificates, cancellations, schedules of insurance and renewal summaries.
- Responsible for the work and education of Account Administrators and Sr. Account Administrators that are part of the team.
- May be responsible for 1-1 meetings and PTO documentation for others.
- May direct the work of others, including but not limited to schedules of insurance, invoices, endorsements, and certificates.
- Assists the Accounting Department in the reconciliation of insurance company accounts.
- Maintain relationships and direct communication with insurance company underwriters and clients.
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Prior insurance industry experience of at least three years required.
- Understands structure and content of insurance contracts, e.g., understands the concept of an insurance agreement, exclusions, terms, and conditions
- Knowledge of major insurance coverages; General Liability/Products Liability, Commercial Automobile, WC, Property, Business Income and Umbrella.
- Ability to place coverages with limited assistance and ability to understand and analyze commercial lines coverage, forms, rating, and policies.
- Knowledge of premium rating methods and audits.
- Intermediate level in Excel and Word
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- A high school diploma
- Currently holds the appropriate state Producer Property/Casualty license or will obtain it within three months of hire or promotion
- Currently pursuing or holds a professional insurance designation in CPCU, CIC, CRM, ARM, TRIP, CRIS or equivalent.
Personal Lines Account Manager
Moreton & Company is seeking a well-organized, service-organized Account Manager for our Personal Lines department.
Work with Us
If you are interested in joining the Moreton & Company team, please fill out this form, or contact us at [email protected] Please be sure to note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.